5-axis machining service is a mode of CNC machining. Linear interpolation motion using any 5 coordinates of X axis, Y axis, Z axis, A axis, B axis, and C axis. Machining centers used for 5-axis machining service technology are often referred to as 5-axis machining service centers or 5-axis CNC machining centers. In the CNC machining service industry, 5-axis machining service is the core technology of efficient and high-precision machining. The difference between 3-axis and 5-axis is mainly reflected in the processing capability. A 5-axis machining service center can do the work of a 3-axis machining center, but not the other way around. The presence of two rotary axes makes the five-axis machining center more capable of machining.
1. Quick and easy setup. Since the tool can rotate in multiple axes, there is no need to set up interruptions in the machining process. The tool can work on all surfaces except bottom and fixed areas. The vast majority of work can be done in one setup.
2. It is suitable for workpieces with complex shapes. The 5-axis machine allows quick access to different machine curves and angles. Often, these curves and angles are achieved with multiple setups and require additional fixtures. 5-axis reduces the need for additional fixtures and allows multiple complex shapes to be created from a single setup without compromising quality or accuracy.
3. Reduce the number of installation fixtures. Since the 5-axis machining service center adds two rotary axes, the tool can approach the machined part from any direction, and all surfaces except the fixed surface can be machined in one clamping. The reduction in the number of fixture installations is a double benefit for the pursuit of efficient, high-precision machining. On the one hand, reducing the number of installation fixtures can save time, reduce the labor intensity of workers, and improve processing efficiency. On the other hand, the problems that may be caused by clamping and clamping errors can be minimized to ensure machining accuracy.
4. Maintain the best cutting state of the tool and improve the cutting conditions. Due to the use of a 5-axis machining service center, the tool can approach the machined part from any direction, allowing the tool to cut the machined part at the most suitable angle. This also improves processing efficiency and quality.
5. Improve tool cycle and life. Unlike 3-axis or 4-axis CNC machining, 5-axis machining services have minimal or zero collisions between the tool and the tool holder. This is achieved by tilting the cutting table or tool in one direction. Zero collisions means improved tool life and cycle times. Tilt also helps to keep the cutting position in the best position and keep the cutting load consistent.